Eskom Holdings SOC Limited has the following material direct subsidiaries
- Eskom Enterprises SOC Limited
- Escap SOC Limited
- Eskom Finance Company SOC Limited
- Eskom Development Foundation NPC (see here).
Eskom Enterprises SOC Limited Group
To provide lifecycle support, plant maintenance, network protection and support for the capacity expansion programme for all Eskom Holdings Limited divisions. This is done primarily through two subsidiaries, Rotek Industries SOC Limited and Roshcon SOC Limited.
- Supported management of coal supply
- Rotek Industries responded flexibly to tighten the power station maintenance programme and the maintenance backlog
- Supported Eskom's road-repair initiative.
- Reduction in sustained demand for civil construction in the Roshcon environment
- Sub-optimal utilisation of assets and resources.
Causes of employee lost time injuries (including fatalities)
Management has interpreted the health and safety requirements in a project environment to contextualise and simplify for implementation.
For detailed information about the overall safety strategy and initiative at an Eskom level please refer to the safety section.
Future focus areasOver the period ahead Eskom Enterprises SOC Limited Group will:
- Improve safety
- Reposition Eskom Enterprises' divisional assets into Eskom Holdings
- Integrate Rotek Industries and Roshcon into a single company producing high-quality products and focused on meeting Eskom's needs cost effectively
- Continue to implement the Back2Basics programme
- Manage the final exit from Eskom Energie Manatali concession in Mali.
Shareholder compact of the Eskom Enterprises company with Eskom
|Key performance areas||Target 2012||Actual 2012||Target achieved|
|Operating income||R39 million||R91 million||Yes|
|Gross profit margin||65.01%||67.45%||Yes|
|EBITDA||R108 million||R181 million||Yes|
|Net profit before tax||R87 million||R163 million||Yes|
|Net profit margin (after tax)||4.73%||10.93%||Yes|
|Debtors’ days (12 month moving average)||40 days||79.14 days||No|
|Debtors outstanding >90 days||Rnil||R50 million||No|
|LTIR – employees||0.20||0.17||Yes|
|LTIR – contractors||Nil||Nil||Yes|
|Fatalities – employees||Nil||Nil||Yes|
|Fatalities – contractors||Nil||Nil||Yes|
|Eskom telecommunications backbone network availability||99.74%||99.79%||Yes|
|Utilisation of the rotary wing fleet (number of hours used)||3 000||4 709||Yes|
|In addition, Eskom Enterprises has entered into separate shareholder compacts with Rotek Industries and Roshcon, its two major subsidiaries.|