To be a leading pay-media provider in South Africa.
How we do this
- Sustain organic growth of the business.
- Use content, brands and distribution channels from existing businesses to develop new ventures.
- Expand the addressable market for pay-television services.
- Invest in and embrace new technologies that can add value to our current offering or create new platforms for generating revenue.
- Invest in content that is attractive to existing and new markets.
- Attract the best talent, and train and develop employees.
- Actively contribute to the sustainability of local communities by employee volunteer programmes and providing finance for initiatives in the areas of our expertise.
- Continue working with regulators to develop our industry.
Examples of our strategy in action
- A large portion of growth for the current year emanated from the Compact market.
- We launched digital mobile television in the past year.
- Online video services were launched in the past year.
- We expanded on our bouquet offering by adding DStv Lite.
- We added channels to our offering: Mzansi Magic, Discovery World, Kidsco, Afro Music and Food Network.
- We continue to invest in our employees through various management programmes, bursaries and online training.
Continuous improvement and innovation
Innovation is a core value and we will continue to drive this principle to bring our subscribers new innovative services. Over the years we have evolved our technology, products and services as indicated below.